Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hokusai's George

Sorry for the long hiatus again folks, I've been working non-stop at my retail job for the past couple of weeks, and I haven't been able to post anything. :( but good news! I did some more cleaning and found a couple of paintings that I did in high school. They're bring back a lot of memories, and it reminds me of the stuff I'm trying to do now with the Tangles artwork. 

Both are really tiny, The first is a copy of Hokusai's Wave (http://andreas.com/pixs/hok-1b.jpg for those of you who want to go see it!) and it's 2cm x 2cm. I remember constructing this, the when is the hard part. My memory is going with the coming of my old age :P . It's just a small piece of thick card paper covered in canvas and sewn together to pull the canvas taut.



This one is from the cover from one of my favorite books and coincidentally one of my favorite Bugs Bunny cartoons. Well kinda. Its from "Of Mice and Men", and its 5cm by 7cm, also backed with strong card paper, held together by string (you can see a little bit of it poking out) 

And the fave Bugs Bunny cartoon is the one with the Abominable Snowman that keeps wanting to name Bugs "George" -- see, it does tie in!!! 

More later! I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment